Tuesday, October 25, 2011

South of the Equator

Oct. 25

Santiago de Chile

Hola amigos.  Que mas?  I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but I've been busy working, traveling, and just generally not blogging.  There have been many near-blogs with vaguely aquatic themes, like extensive coverage of our Mediterranean cruise with Enrique and Luz Helena, some revitalizing paddles down the Cuyahoga with Karl, Lee, David, Griffin, Emily, Nate, and Moni (on her first Crooked River adventure!) some random thoughts about Hurricane Irene hitting D.C., and stretching the connection even further, a baseball game with Boller that featured a heavy mist, but alas they've probably all been lost to the erosion of memory.

But now I'm off on another Operation IceBridge mission to the Antarctic, and so I'll give it another go.  I've made it most of the way down and it's hard to believe I'm actually in better shape than when I was heading to Greenland, because I'm pretty darn shaky.  Well, it's either me or we've been experiencing a steady 4.0 magnitude quake for the last two hours straight.


Just had a cafê cortado and two medialunas though, so feeling a bit better.

2 comments: